I love doing random acts of kindness. It makes me feel so good to know that my actions have brought happiness to another person, and when you give kindness, you get so much back in return. That’s reason enough for me being kind to people as often as possible. But sometimes, I really want to do something nice to someone, but I have no idea what to do! Here, I’ve compiled a list of acts of kindness you can today. I hope this list helps you make someone’s day at least a little better!
1. Upon departing, tell someone to have a fantastic day, a wonderful day, etc. Anything but the generic, overused, and habitual “have a good day”.
2. Buy flowers for a stranger, or for someone you know who would enjoy them. Remain anonymous.
3. Buy a can of food at the grocery store and donate it to the local food bank
4. Smile at someone
5. Give someone a compliment
6. Call a local charity and find out how you can help
7. Write an inspiring quote or message on a piece of paper and leave it in a public place or inside of a library book
8. Talk to and spend time with a someone who looks lonely
9. Introduce yourself to someone new
10. Treat your family and friends as nice as you can
11. Call up an family member or friend you haven’t spoken to recently
12. Gather up old clothing and donate to Goodwill or a homeless shelter
13. Buy the groceries for the person ahead of you in line
14. Leave some change in a public place for someone to find
15. Say thank you to someone and genuinely mean it
17. Let someone in line ahead of you
18. Offer to help your neighbors with something
19. Buy food and give it to a homeless person
20. Listen to others
21. Brainstorm ways you can use your skills to help a charity or person and make a definite plan for doing this. If you can do some type of craft or art, you could make something and raffle it off. If you’re good at planning, offer to help a charity plan their next event.
22. Tell someone near to you how much you love them
23. Do something nice for someone without expecting anything in return
24. Say hello to someone you pass in the street
25. Give up your seat on the bus for someone
26. Gather up old books and donate them to the library
27. Hold the elevator for someone
28. Anonymously send money to a friend who needs it
29. Put your cart back at the front of the store when you’re done
30. Give your waiter a big tip
31. Share your happiness with everyone you meet
I hope this list inspires you to brighten someone’s day today! 🙂